Hello dear friends, today we are going to give you complete information about the use and benefits of cocopeat. As you must have heard the name of cocopeat, it is mostly used for preparing nursery of vegetable seeds, in the rainy season, many difficulties have to be faced in preparing nursery of vegetables in the soil.
If there is no soil in the garden, then plants can also be grown using coco peat. It is a kind of artificial soil, which is prepared from coconut shells. If you like gardening at home then you can use cocopeat. Not only this, it can also be mixed with soil and applied. You can make cocopeat from coconut shells in three ways.
Specialty of Coconut
Coconut has fibers like cobwebs, which have the ability to purify the environment by pulling heavy gases. This ability of coconut is beneficial for plants and the environment. You can make cocopeat from coconut husk in 3 ways, which can be used little by little in plants.
Using Coconut Powder
When you remove the coir, the sawdust starts coming out. You can also use this sawdust directly. Apart from this, you can leave it to decompose for 1 month. This is a very good method, but it takes a lot of time to extract the shavings from the coconut
Fill coconut husk in a big bucket or keep it in an earthen pot. Then fill the coconut peels with water. Store it for up to 3 months. Keep in mind that the water in it will decrease day by day, so keep filling it with water in between. It will start decomposing after 3 months. Then you can take it out.
Store Coconut Peels
If you want, take it out in a vessel, as well as keep the sawdust and fibers together. After this, mix it with egg shells and remaining tea leaves, then use it in plants. In this way the growth of the plant will be good.
Benefits of Cocopeat
1. Mixing cocopeat in the soil of the pot does not make the soil tight, which makes it easier for the roots to grow and nutrients are also available to the plant.
2. Cocopeat is very good for planting seeds because cocopeat is naturally anti-fungal i.e. does not allow fungus to grow.
3. Cocopeat has the ability to absorb water, so it does not allow the plant to dry, provides necessary moisture and removes excess water. Therefore, the plant is safe from the mistake of over watering or under watering.
4. Apart from these properties, Cocopeat itself also contains many nutrients like Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc etc. which are essential for the growth of the plant.
5. The pH level of cocopeat is around 5.7 to 6.5 which is ideal for plant growth.