How to Grow Snake Plant at Home and its Benefits
Snake plant is a low-maintenance plant which means it requires less sunlight, less water, and less care.
It also does not require regular fertilization, but if you add a little fertilizer, then good growth will be seen.
Plant the snake plant in a strong pot like clay, or ceramic because its roots are strong.
Snake plant does not require much variety in the soil. All you have to keep in mind is that the soil should be soft.
Soil and Compost
This air purifier plant grows from a single cutting. You can plant it in soil or water.
Snake Plant Propagation
First, you take a leaf, clean it and cut it straight from the bottom. This cutting should be about 4-6 inches long.
propagate the cuttings in water (snake plant propagation in water) you have to take a transparent jar.
– Now put the cutting of Snake Plant in it.
– Now pour enough water into the jar, so that the cutting remains in the water only for two-three inches from the bottom.
– Change the water throughout the week or ten days.
– Cuttings may take three to four weeks to develop.
– But when the roots start to form, you can plant it in a big jar or you can also plant it in a pot filled with soil.
According to NASA, the snake plant is a plant that cleans the air by absorbing harmful gases and harmful elements such as CO2, Benzene, Formaldehyde, Xylene, and Toluene from the indoor air.
Snake Plant Benefits
If you want, you can also propagate the cutting directly into the soil. For this, you have to take a small pot, which has good drainage.